From Minor To Major, There’s No Chimney & Masonry Repair We Can’t Handle
Here at Sweeps & Ladders, we promote fire prevention through education and routine maintenance. But sometimes a little extra TLC is needed, even when chimney systems are well maintained.
Most chimney and masonry damage occurs as a result of water and harsh weather, age, heat, and creosote buildup, but no matter what type of chimney and masonry damage you have — or how bad it is — you can trust your repair work to the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) certified team here at Sweeps & Ladders.
Our repair specialties include:
- Chimney Relining & Flue Repair —The flue liner in your chimney has one of the toughest and most important jobs, and over time, chimney leaks, heat exposure, and house settling can cause the liner to crack, crumble, and deteriorate. This damage can threaten the safety and performance of the entire system, which is why repairs must be made ASAP. Whether you have some minor joint damage within your liner or it’s time to have your chimney completely relined, our team has you covered with stainless steel liners and the FireGuard flue repair and resurfacing system.
- Damper Replacement — Everything from smoke problems to downdrafts and conditioned/heated air loss can be traced back to a rusted, broken, or otherwise ineffective damper — but there’s good news. We replace drafty throat dampers with Lock-Top dampers and National Chimney Premier damper caps, both of which can save you money, eliminate downdrafts, and keep animals, birds, and moisture out.
- Masonry Repairs & Tuckpointing — One of the areas of the chimney that takes the biggest beating here in Middle TN is the masonry exterior. Rain, snow, sleet, and temperature changes can all cause the mortar joints to recede, crack, or otherwise deteriorate, and the brick to pop off and crack. When this happens, the chimney is left weaker, less attractive, and more susceptible to chimney leaks and further deterioration —but we can help. We can repoint mortar joints and leave the chimney stronger, more attractive, and ready for the next storm. We can also waterproof your masonry to prevent future damage.
- Chimney Rebuilds — Sometimes, masonry chimneys are too far gone for repairs. Other times, the original chimney design makes for a poorly performing system. But if your chimney needs to be completely rebuilt, partially rebuilt, or extended, you can count on Sweeps & Ladders. We pride ourselves on our knowledge, experience, technique, and skill, and we’re confident we can give you the beautiful, long-lasting results you’re after.
- Smoke Chamber Parging & Repair —The smoke chamber is the area just above the firebox, and when it’s damaged or poorly constructed, you’ll likely experience smoke problems, fireplace performance problems, and a greater risk of house fire. But the good news is: smoke chamber parging and repair is fast, affordable, and effective. Our team uses high quality products and can completely restore your smoke chamber for boosted performance and safety.
- Firebox Repairs — As the area of the fireplace that actually holds the fire, it’s imperative that the firebox be free of cracks, gaps, and holes. If your firebox is damaged or unattractive, you can count on Sweeps & Ladders to make the repairs — we’ll even rebuild your firebox if necessary. Our team uses refractory mortar and firebrick, so you can be confident that the results will be long-lasting and attractive.
Is it time to have your chimney and masonry repaired by an experienced professional? Leave it to Sweeps & Ladders. Our team has the tools, experience, and expertise needed to do the job right the first time. Call 615-791-7457 or fill out our online appointment request form to schedule an appointment today.