We Fix & Prevent Chimney Leaks In Franklin, Brentwood, Nashville & Beyond
Leaky chimneys are possible just about anywhere in the world, but here in Middle TN, we’re especially prone to leaks. Our weather can be severe year round, and torrential downpours, strong winds, and temperature fluctuations can all do a number on the masonry, the flashing, the chimney cap, and the chase cover or crown.
Do you have a leaky chimney? Call on Sweeps & Ladders.
We have the experience, education, and know-how to address, repair, and prevent leaky chimneys, so whether the problem is already present or you want to prevent leaks from springing up in the future, we’re the company to call.
Signs Of A Leaky Chimney
Before we get into the common causes of leaks and how we repair leaky chimneys, let’s first talk about the signs to keep an eye out for.
- rust stains down your chimney chase, roof, or siding
- missing chimney cap
- a cracking or deteriorating chimney crown
- a sagging, collapsing, or rusted out chase cover
- cracks in your mortar joints or popping, crumbling brick on your chimney’s exterior
- the sound of dripping water in your fireplace during a storm
- rust or water in your firebox
- damp smells coming from your chimney
- discolored brick (look for dark spots and white lime deposits)
- algae growth on your chimney’s exterior
- crumbing pieces of flue tile falling down into your fireplace
Have you spotted any of these signs? It’s time to give the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) certified team at Sweeps & Ladders a call! We specialize in chimney leak prevention and resolution, and we’ll put a stop to water fast.
Put Leaks In The Past With Sweeps & Ladders
Our leaky chimney repair and prevention services include:
- Chimney Crown Repair & Rebuild —Crown damage is one of the most common causes of chimney leaks, because this horizontal cement covering is the only thing shielding the chimney opening. When water, weather, and temperatures crack and damage the crown, or when the crown is poorly designed, water has an easy way into the chimney. But not to worry, Sweeps & Ladders can make the necessary repairs — we can even rebuild or waterproof your chimney crown. Find out more about chimney crown related leaks and repairs today.
- Chase Cover Replacement & Installation — Chase covers — metal versions of chimney crowns used on prefab or factory-built chimneys — are another big culprit. Many stock chase covers are made of low-quality, galvanized metal, which rusts through easily and sags under the pressure of pooling water. If your chase cover is the problem, we can replace it with a stronger, longer-lasting, rust-resistant stainless steel or copper chase cover. Our chase covers are constructed with cross breaks, which work to strengthen the metal covering and prevent water pooling, sagging, and collapse. Find out more here.
- Chimney Cap Replacement —While your crown or chase cover works hard to protect the chimney, the chimney cap plays a vital role in the protection of the flue itself, which extends up past the crown or chase cover. Chimney caps affix to the flue and prevent water, animals, birds, and debris from entering this area, but strong winds, poor installation, and low-quality materials can all lead to chimney cap related leaks. If your chimney cap is to blame, we can replace it with a single or multi-flue cap from National Chimney, an industry leader with a reputation for high-quality. Learn more about chimney cap replacement.
- Flashing Repair & Replacement — Flashing is the sheet metal that covers the area where the chimney and roofline meet. While well-installed, high-quality flashing can keep this vulnerable area leak-free, flashing leaks are quite common here in Middle TN. Strong winds can lift flashing, downpours can lead to pooling water and rust on flashing, and dents and other damage can cause flashing-related leaks as well. Learn more about our flashing repair and replacement services, as well as the waterproofing protection we offer right here.
- Chimney Waterproofing — Middle TN’s masonry chimneys have to withstand some pretty intense weather, year after year. Unfortunately, even the strongest chimney can weaken over time, causing the need for chimney repairs and rebuilds. The best way to protect your masonry chimney against Middle TN’s heavy rains and rapid weather changes and temperature shifts is to invest in chimney waterproofing. Here at Sweeps & Ladders, we use quality waterproofing products from ChimneySaver, products that allow us to offer our customers decades of guaranteed protection. What are you waiting for? This is an investment that you won’t regret!
Is a leaky chimney stressing you out? Don’t wait — call Sweeps & Ladders. The sooner you address the problem and make the necessary repairs, the better. So don’t hesitate — reach out to our CSIA certified team today at 615-791-7457 or fill out our online appointment request form.
Whatever job we’re doing, we take the time and effort to do it right the first time, so when you have your leaky chimney repaired by our team of certified sweeps, you can be confident we’ll take care of the problem for good.